Before I was Diagnosed.
- All those times I forgot my car keys were in my hand did not mean I'm stupid.
- Instead of getting angry when people assumed I was lazy, I can now understand their confusion.
- That picking arguments with my spouse was often a way I kept my frontal lobe active.
- When I lost jobs due to inattention, it was because I needed a better fit for my ADHD brain.
- When I "tried harder" and still failed, it was not my fault. I needed treatment for ADHD.
- That is is OK to not be interested in certain subjects at school. Find the subjects you love.
- That one day , in the future, I'd find out I have ADHD. So many things would be explained and the struggles I had while undiagnosed would only make me stronger in the end. Yes, I'm ADHD and life is good!